Argentina and Chile 2017
I have escaped the dark and cold Swedish winter for two summer months in Argentina and Chile. The ambition is that I will upload pictures here as the trip proceeds. We'll see how that works in practice. Don't expect pictures every day!
For each new batch there will be a new subsite in the list below. (That is, once a site has been uploaded, it will not be modified.) Eventually there might be a best-off summary on this very page here, but that may not happen until I come home.
- Pampas. Flat as a pancake, or? (30 pictures.)
- From Sierra Grande to Puerto Deseado. A study in monotony. (17 pictures.)
- Los Bosques Petrificados. The mysteries of the petrified forest. (33 pictures.)
- Los Miradores de Darwin. A hidden but marvellous panorama point. (22 pictures.)
- Ría Deseado. Up along the flooded estuary from Puerto Deseado. (54 pictures.)
- Perito Moreno & Los Antiguos. Two small Patagonian towns. (19 pictures.)
- Going to La Cueva de las Manos. Sometimes the road to the sight is better than the sight itself. (38 pictures.)
- Ruta 40. Pictures from the bus going along the legendary RN40. (24 pictures.)
- Glacier Perito Moreno A glacier that is not receding and which can be studied from a close distance. (25 pictures.)
- Estancia Cristina and Glacier Upsala. (33 pictures.)
- El Calafate. Itself not much of a thrill, but a gateway to glaciers and adventures. (22 pictures.)
- Puerto Natales. I'm moving over to Chile. (20 pictures.)